Frontier Camp is a Christian youth camp and conference center located in Grapeland, TX. Frontier Camp desires to share the life-changing gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ with all campers and to help believers grow in their faith. With 45 years of excellence in Christian camping, Frontier Camp is large enough to offer top-notch recreational options, but small enough that each camper, guest, or staff member is part of the FC-family!
Purpose Statement: "Using Christian camping and outdoor recreation as a platform, Frontier Camp exists to assist the local church in fulfilling the Great Commission through the evangelizing of all ages and the discipling of believers toward greater maturity in Christ."
Job Description: Senior Counselors are responsible for directing 12 to 14 campers a week in their cabin living. The Senior Counselor is in charge of nightly cabin devotions and handling spiritual decisions made by the campers. The Senior Counselor also teaches a skill activity class during the day.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Be 18 years old or older (at least 1 year of college preferred)
- CPR/FA Certified (training provided)
- Relate and work well with other college and high school staff
- Be able to sign Frontier Camp's doctrinal statement
- Have a desire to work, serve, and play hard
- Love the Lord and love kids
- $210 per week
- Room and board
- All meals provided except dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday
- Staff recreational opportunities on Saturday afternoons
- End of summer staff retreat
- Chance to show and tell kids about the life-changing love of Jesus Christ
- Become a Frontier Camp family member
- Be challenged to grow spiritually through daily service to others as well as engaging Bible studies and worship times designed specifically for summer staff
- Develop lifelong friendships with other Christians
- Growth in relationship with Jesus Christ
- Improved skills in managing camper issues and behavior
- Improved effective communication skills by leading campers in devotionals
- Improved social skills by meeting staff members and continually meeting new campers